Wednesday 1 February 2012

Rebekah's 21st Birthday

Daughter number three turned 21 today.  She came home from university last night so that she could be at home this morning with her family.  This pleases me greatly.  Of course there is always the thought that maybe she was thinking she didn't want to wait to get her presents.  Anyway, I was just glad that she was here.


As I've got older I've had a thing about putting bows and ribbons on presents and even made a trip to Manchester so that I could go to one particular shop to get just what I wanted.  Rebekah had changed her mind a few times about what she wanted for her birthday.  She finally settled on a ring as her special present.  We were very nervous as she was opening because even though we thought it was a nice ring, you never know with daughters if they are going to have the same taste as you.  Especially as my tastes change as I get older and perhaps a bit more removed from current trends.


As it turned out, we did a good job and she really liked the ring.


Please forgive the dodgy nail polish.  I tried retouching the photo but Picassa's new touch up options don't work that well.  Anyway, after the present opening it was time for cake.  Cake for breakfast is a good way to start the day.  It was only a store bought cake but I think it was pretty.


As they get older it gets harder to blow all the candles out in one go, even if you have had singing lessons and ought to have a better lung capacity.


I think Rebekah had a nice start to her birthday, and it was lovely to share that part of it with her.  The next installment will be when all the girls come home at the weekend and we go out for a family meal together.


1 comment: